You probably haven’t run into a company like Olark before.
We are a close-knit team of Olarkers distributed around the globe working together to fundamentally change the way people communicate with businesses. Our passion for our over 10,000 customers is a direct result of our people centric model. We’ve been around for 10 years (!), are bootstrapped, and have an award-winning customer support team.
We are looking for our first sales hire. We see a big opportunity to help shape the future of conversational commerce to be more human, and need your help to do it.
This will be a full time role with a compensation structure that involves base pay and commission for closed sales. As you’ll be our first sales hire, there will be a lot of room for someone thriving in this role to grow at Olark.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- You’ll be in charge of the entire sales cycle: from initial reach-out to close.
- Building relationships with prospective customers that lead to closed sales and long term success with Olark.
- Creating repeatable high value conversations that close sales, providing feedback on our fledgling sales process, and creating case studies from existing customers to share with leads.
- Sharing insights with our Customer Success, Product, and Marketing teams to help us continuously improve our process for helping our customers solve business problems using our Chatbox.
- Learning all about Olark’s chatbox: what makes us different, our value proposition, our ideal customers, what we are changing, and the long-term roadmap of our product. You will understand and be able to share what makes Olark special.
Does this sound like you?
- You have solid Sales experience. If you’ve had a Business Development Representative, Inside Sales Representative, or Account Executive role at a SaaS company in the past, you’re probably a good fit for this role.
- You’re an excellent communicator, both on the phone and in writing. You’re excited about spending 80% of your time either on sales calls or following up with customers by email, and 20% of your time improving our process.
- You’re experienced with sales tools like MixMax and Hubspot. If there’s a tool you love, you’re ready to share recommendations with us.
- You’re excited about working with a newly formed Sales team. You have strong opinions about sales methodologies that you’re willing to share. You’ll be working with senior managers on our team, including the CEO.
- You work collaboratively and see part of your role as customer anthropologist --- ready to share insights with marketing, customer success, customer service, and product.
- You have some experience working remotely and enjoy contributing to remote culture.
- You lead with empathy: you realize listening is just as important as speaking your mind. You assume good faith of your teammates when there is conflict and are curious about understanding their perspectives.
You Can Expect A lot From Us:
Please read about our team culture at olark.com/jobs, and our values at olark.com/values. Beyond what you see there, as a member of our CS team you can expect:
- A great remote culture and team: Even though we’re geographically dispersed, our team makes the effort to connect to one another and we provide in person opportunities to further enhance that bond. We genuinely like each other.
- A life outside of work: Olarkers generally work 40 hour weeks. Work is a marathon, not a sprint. We are building a company for the long haul.
- We value your time to do focused work: We have one weekly required CS meeting and a team wide sync. We also get together once a year for our annual team-wide Olarker retreat. We appreciate and take advantage of the time we have to get in sync, but we also respect time to think and do focused work.
- We provide a full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision benefits, 3-month paid parental leave, uncapped vacation, professional development budget, a coworking space stipend, and lots of other perks.
Olark is committed to diversity in its workforce. Olark is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.