Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with autonomous robots. These robots are designed to deliver food, groceries, and packages across college campuses and neighborhoods in minutes. Starship has now completed millions of autonomous deliveries to date, traveled millions of miles and is currently doing more than 140k road crossings each day. Our contribution to society includes reducing congestion, and pollution, providing zero-emissions deliveries, increasing the quality of life for residents, empowering seniors and disabled people, and enabling affordable delivery for local businesses.
We’re hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is an exciting time to join as we grow rapidly around the world!
We are looking for excited, dynamic, tech-savvy team members to join our US Operations team. The seasonal position (August through May/June) of a Fleet Attendant requires you to help run the daily operations of an innovative food delivery service.
The environment will be similar to a fast-paced restaurant/workshop while allowing you to plunge into a cutting-edge technological environment working directly with our autonomous robots. Fleet Attendants will execute start-of-day or end-of-day charging and cleaning of the robot fleet, repair robots throughout the shift, troubleshoot unexpected situations that may arise during the course of a delivery, and work effectively as a team to ensure exceptional results in the delivery service from vendors to customers.
If you're still looking for reasons to apply, please use the link provided to learn more about Starship and what we do!
Operational Service Tasks:
- 20% Responsible for operational service. You will be accountable for the morning roll-out of robots to service areas, or the end-of-day sanitation and ensuring robots are charging.
- 10% Transporting the robot to delivery areas by ebike or foot (which may include some occasional lifting of up to 70 lbs).
- 10% Either assisting Merchants or assisting robots in unexpected situations. Report any issues to the onsite team.
- 40% Focus on maintaining the health of the robots through daily repairs and troubleshooting.
- 10% Carrying out maintenance activities and upgrades on both robots and infrastructure.
- 10% Maintaining our hub-based warehouse and conducting regular inventories.
- Remote (online) training will be provided upon completion of hiring/onboarding for one week. Onsite training to follow after with a Robot Technician, Operations Lead, or a designated Trainer.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Excited to work with robots and technology.
- Interested to be part of something totally new and inspirational.
- Responsible and is happy to be a representative of Starship.
- Independent, ready to take initiative in unexpected situations.
- Able to work independently indoors/outdoors.
- Excellent in spoken and written communication in English.
- It will be a plus if you have experience working with electronics!
- Has the ability to use hand and power tools (screwdriver, pliers, torx, dremel, drill) or willingness to learn.
- Someone who has availability for weekend shifts, morning and/or evening shifts are highly preferred.
- Ability to perform tasks that require frequent usage of wrists, hands and finger dexterity to movements such as constant typing, as well full-body exertion while wrangling the robot fleet.
- Occasional lifting of items with weight up to 70 lbs.
- Must be comfortable riding an ebike on various terrain.
Why should you join Starship? We offer:
- Summers off! This is a seasonal role, having a seasonal position gives you flexibility to take time off during our off-season in the summer months of May through July.
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding tech company.
- A chance to be part of a potential next unicorn company!
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. Starship Technologies “Starship” has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our US employees, and those traveling to the US for Starship related work purposes, from the hazard of COVID-19. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Starship.
Ready to join our Starship fleet? Apply today!
Job Type: Part-time with flexible hours
Only candidates who send resumes will be considered.
Please include your availability when applying. Early application is encouraged.
Check out our website to find out more about us: