The primary purpose of the Fleet Manager role is to manage all inbound and outbound activities for a fleet of non-union drivers in a manner that is safe, productive and timely.
The Fleet Manager is at the center of an unpredictable, deadline-driven environment. Our customers require individuals who think on both a detailed and big picture scale, and who are capable of making appropriate decisions "on the fly." The value that you bring to this organization relies on your ability to challenge and motivate your fleet to always achieve key performance indicators in a compliant manner.
FLEET MANAGER ROLE:
- It is imperative that the Fleet Manager drives a high level of engagement with his/her fleet - commit to the career success and personal growth of your drivers through positive working relationships
- Review scheduled pick-up and delivery appointments daily. Confirm that each driver is fully informed of all customer and company expectations on every load at the point of dispatch
- Coordinate drivers' scheduled home time, down time, current status, Hours of Service compliance, special routing needs, and predicted time available
- Address safety non-conformance and violations/incidents. Counsel drivers who are out of compliance with DOT and arrange for specific re-training to help them regain good standing
- Escalate matters impacting on-time delivery to appropriate stakeholders as they occur
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports as required
FLEET MANAGER PROFILE:
- Highly organized and communicative
- Ability to perform in a deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities
- High degree of initiative and independent execution
- Some knowledge of time/distance geography preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; some familiarity with AS/400 operating system is ideal
- Ability to handle high volumes of inbound email
- The successful candidate must understand policies, procedures, instructions, business objectives, and applicable statues regulating the trucking industry.
ABOUT STEVENS TRANSPORT
Valued by a wide range of Fortune 500 ® companies, the specialized nature of temperature-controlled logistics places Stevens Transport among the most elite contributors to the modern supply chain. With a network of operations spanning North America, our competencies today include regional, dedicated, intermodal, tanker, and 3PL services. Beyond capacity-driven operations, Stevens Transport injects an unmatched integrity into a corporate business model that reflects more than 35 years of consistent growth and success.