A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Forward Deployed Operations Engineers (FDOEs) work with existing customers or global teams to support the day to day operations of a Foundry deployment. Our customers rely on Palantir’s platforms for some of their most critical operations; as an FDOE, you’ll apply your problem solving ability, creativity, and technical skills to support organizations’ Foundry stacks and critical workflows. You’ll have the opportunity to gain rare insight into and contribute to some of the world’s most important industries and institutions.
Every day at Palantir is different: we’re constantly evolving to better respond to customer needs, and FDOEs are embedded with our internal support and business teams to maximize the outcomes of our deployed products and workflows. You are a resourceful, tenacious, and agile problem solver who is able to work both collaboratively and independently to resolve difficult and nebulous technical issues, as well as work productively with external customers to debug and resolve their problems. This includes creating new data pipelines and customer workflows, building health metrics and automated alerts, fixing bugs in pipelines and products, and developing and documenting strategies for engaging with customer support.
Every Palantirian is encouraged to play to their personal strengths, so there is no “one size fits all” approach to engineering at Palantir. The scope of this role is intentionally broad so that people can find their strengths and grow in a way that excites them.
No two days are the same, but as a Forward Deployed Operational Engineer you can expect to:
- Identify relevant datasets through deep engagement with customer problems and workflows, and work to integrate the data into a stable and extensible pipeline.
- Work with Deployment Strategists and Forward Deployed Software Engineers to understand the critical problems customers have and design workflows to solve them.
- Lead training sessions to ensure that the product is meeting user needs, and to ensure it is being used widely enough to have concrete impact on our partners' operations.
- Respond to and triage incoming support requests from both internal and external teams.
- Maintain and improve pipelines and foundry workflows to support customer outcomes.
- Work with our Software Engineering teams to tackle workflow problems and resolve product issues
- Be the first responder when things go wrong. Even if a problem is outside your area of expertise, you make the first move to fix it, and you pull in the expertise necessary to get the job done.
What We Value
- Ability to continuously learn and work independently, making decisions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
Our team has people from a variety of backgrounds—people who studied computer science, sales, psychology, or went to a bootcamp; people who joined Palantir right after university; and people who joined our team after switching industries. We value skills and mindset over a specific educational background.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out
and let us know how we can help.