Making financial sense of the climate transition is an enormous engineering challenge.
is developing the models and tools the financial sector needs to drive capital towards net zero. Founded by ex-Palantir climate leads and backed by leading fintech and climate tech investors, we're building our early team.
The role of Founding Engineer is a technical leadership position. We’re looking for someone to work closely with Dovetail’s Founders and partners to develop, deploy, and continuously improve the company’s first products. It's an autonomous and strategic role with scope to define how the company approaches key technical challenges.
We’re looking for candidates with a full stack technical skillset and 3+ years developing software or data products. Just as importantly, we’re looking for people who are excited about joining a small, fast moving team—and who believe in the power of financial intelligence to shift trillions towards climate solutions.
- Design, develop, and deploy Dovetail's software
- Troubleshoot software issues and develop solutions
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Research and recommend new technologies
Core skills (preferred)
- Background: 💻 CS Degree or equivalent experience & 3+ years of experience
- Back end: 🐍 Python, 🎸 Django, 🐳 Docker, 📮 Postgres, ⚡ AWS CDK
What's in it for you
- Founding employee equity stake
- Autonomy to build and scale an industry-changing product
- Experience building a fast scaling company from the ground up
- Working hand in hand with, and learning from, Dovetail's CTO
- Unparalleled access to a community and network in climate tech, sustainable finance, and venture more broadly
- Food and drink subsidy including meals and coffee at Soho House
- Benefits including cycle2work and a generous holiday allowance
The role is full time and based in London, with 3-5 days a week in person. Unfortunately we can only consider candidates with UK work authorisation.
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.