Uniplaces is an international, venture backed team, making it easy for millions of students worldwide to find and book their accommodation online. As part of our growth strategy, the company is looking for an experienced FP&A to assist our Group Financial Controller and Finance Director in all finance related activities.
We are a results oriented business with global ambitions who value team spirit in which everyone feels responsible and empowered to achieve their potential and be rewarded for doing so. The future FP&A will be a vital part of the finance team and in ensuring robust and structured financial planning and execution.
- Collect, analyse and monitor financial data in order to build financial models for decision support;
- Analyse KPIs, variances, trends and patterns to recommend business actions;
- Support with annual and quarterly forecasting and budgeting;
- Assist with financial execution according to approved budget and forecast;
- Elaborate a cost analysis process by designing procedures and enforcing policies;
- Assess and diagnose methodologies of financial reporting/forecasting and propose more efficient/automated solutions
- Assist in developing models that support potential M&A activity;
- Prepare various industry and market analyses, overviews and briefings;
- Perform strategic and scenario analysis to determine present and future financial performance;
- Build analytical models that utilize both financial and non-financial data to forecast operating results.
- Must have strong analytical (quantitative as well as qualitative) skills including building models, financial planning and control and on line market research;
- Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow;
- Strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects);
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, and be comfortable interacting with executive-level management;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics. Masters or Executive training is a plus.
- 7+ years experience in FP&A, Audit, M&A or corporate finance role at a top tier organization
- Direct impact on the success of Uniplaces;
- Exposure to all areas of the business;
- Based in London directly reporting to FD