The number of Booking.com partners increases rapidly and this is crucial to the success of our company. In order for these partnerships to be mutually beneficial in the long term, we need to make sure that we build and maintain a good relationship, a relationship based on mutual trust and reciprocity. We’d like to stimulate positive behavior of our partners and guests, and work together with them to create a great guest and partner experience. The Partner & Guest Abuse Team is part of the Fraud & Abuse department and was created to monitor behavior of Booking.com partners and guests, and implement controls to prevent any type of abusive behavior or fraud.
We are seeking a Fraud & Abuse Analyst who is motivated to take ownership for an array of actions focusing on partner and guest abuse for which they are held accountable: analysts investigate and resolve fraud & abuse cases from start to finish. On the one hand they must have great communication skills to proactively inform and involve relevant internal stakeholders (e.g. Customer Service, Legal, Technology, Finance). On the other hand analysts are expected to be highly analytical and proactively drive innovation within Security and Fraud & Abuse Operations.
- Handle and report abuse cases from start to finish;
- Communicate and involve relevant internal and external stakeholders to respond to escalations and incidents (fraud and abuse) as a first point of contact for all stakeholders. E.g. Legal, Customer Service, Finance, Partner Services;
- Perform data management on cases and maintain timelines by ensuring timely actions of involved stakeholders;
- Perform analysis to understand what happened, and what mitigation measures are to be taken;
- Contribute or lead other projects which reduce abuse related losses while maintaining focused on a positive customer and partner experience;
- Work effectively with team members and leadership by communicating abuse trends and sharing ideas and knowledge in a constructive and positive manner;
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to proactively analyze various data;
- Assist in the development of new tools for uses in fraud & abuse detection/prevention;
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise automated strategies and approaches for Booking.com’s security and fraud & abuse operations within the big picture of the organization;
- Revise existing processes and procedures and create new ones where needed;
- Provide training and support education by sharing outcomes of analyses about abuse trends and patterns to relevant staff;
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- At least 3 years of knowledge and experience with regard to fraud, abuse, health & safety, and/or security case management;
- Must have strong decision making ability and be self-disciplined;
- BSc, MSc or equivalent, preferably in Law, Computer Science, Criminology, Physics, Econometrics, or comparable;
- Trustworthy character;
- Ability to create, modify and execute SQL and/or Hadoop database queries to retrieve and analyze data;
- Experience in analysing and/or modifying large data sets via Excel;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize incoming escalations and requests appropriately using clear communications;
- Self-starter and able to work independently and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives;
- Comfortable working fluently in English, both written and spoken;
- Strong commercial attitude/business-driven and interest;
- Currently living in the Netherlands or willing to relocate to the Netherlands;
- No 9-5 mentality;
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus.