At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content on any device. Pocket’s users are diverse, spanning across different devices, platforms, and skill levels.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, working at Pocket will be exciting and challenging. We're a small team, which means that there will be plenty of opportunity to make a tremendous impact.
What you’ll do:
As a freelance visual Communication Designer, you will be responsible for crafting high-quality visual designs for marketing initiatives across all of Pocket’s communication channels: blog posts, social media channels, email campaigns, corporate website, in-app messaging and other collateral.
You will work collaboratively with our marketing and design teams to produce user-facing materials that are seen by millions of users every day.
- Create highly effective designs for various marketing initiatives
- Lead visual design throughout the entire project, from initial explorations through final design deliverables
- Create and format all digital visual elements, including typography, layout, imagery, and iconography
- Support the design development of high impact presentation materials for internal and partner use
- Push and evolve the Pocket brand to reflect our mission and personality
- Ensure visual and brand consistency
- Synthesize data and concepts into easily consumed infographics and vector illustrations
What you already have:
- 2+ years experience as a visual designer working on various media project types and styles
- Highly refined design aesthetic. You know when something should be moved 3 pixels to the left.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control to ensure consistent use of Pocket’s visual language
- Expert knowledge of branding, visual design principles and typography
- Strong information design skills to clearly visual data and enhance messaging
- Can work independently with a process of quick iterations from concept to completion
- An understanding of design and art direction across different digital platforms: web, iOS, Android, tablets
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Experience with, or desire to work in fast-paced startup environment.
- Expert in creating high-fidelity design solutions using Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote.
- Experience in a consumer web or mobile company or working at a marketing/design agency is a plus
To apply, send us your resume, along with:
- A link to your portfolio featuring examples of marketing design and any visual interaction design work
This position is part-time and while Pocket is based in San Francisco, this role is remote-friendly.