Freelance Kitchen Coordinator
Reporting to the Production Manager of Tasty, this position is responsible for supporting the Tasty video team in BOH operations, kitchen developmental training and the coordination of the Tasty Test Kitchen. The Kitchen Coordinator will run point on the food testing days, maintain the kitchen equipment in working order, ensure proper use of the equipment while keeping the kitchen organized and maintained for Tasty video team use.
* Loves to cook! Culinary training is a plus.
* Assist Production Manager wherever needed to ensure a safe, clean and efficient Test Kitchen.
* Assist the Production Manager and Global Food Coordinator in setting current kitchen operation standards for a kitchen studio setting.
* Ensure compliance with health regulations in accordance to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines.
* Coaches and trains team members to increase knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles
* Maintain stocking and inventory of the food storage rooms and kitchen supplies.
* Maintain all Test Kitchen equipment as required and notifies team of any broken items.
* Assists in preparation for upcoming team initiatives.
* Plans and executes Friday Test Day.
* Performs other work related duties as assigned.
* Food Service with Supervisory experience: minimum 2 years.
* Strong interpersonal communication, written and communication skills required.
* Strong organization and multitasking skills.
* Some knowledge of Tasty video content.
* Ability to work under pressure and with many members of the leadership team, producers, fellows, residents, program managers, food specialist and interns.
* Must be dependable, with a stable work history.
* Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans when necessary.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Ability to work overtime if necessary.
* Unwavering commitment to working safely at all times.
* Some experience with using Gmail and Google Docs.
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 6B monthly video views.
This job has been filled or removed by BuzzFeed.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Freelance Kitchen Coordinator job post.✕