Freelance Post Production Coordinator, Edit Video
BuzzFeed is currently seeking an experienced, organized, and passionate freelance Post Production Coordinator to assist primarily on multiple digital series with a variety of clients and producers at our LA Studios.
This position is based in our LA office. We offer competitive compensation and a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to catered lunch twice a week.
- Able to coordinate Post Production on multiple concurrent projects
- Stay hyper organized in an ever changing environment
- Ability to be agile with changing timelines & deliverables
- Wrangle creatives & other collaborative team members
- Book post production sessions through the various stages
- Create schedules and personnel timetables based on variable deadlines
- Handle QC on final output
- Maintain regular communication with operations & project management teams
- Work with legal team to ensure clearance
- Coordinate day-to-day management of multiple projects
- Ensure all deliverables cross the finish line on time
- At least 2-5 yrs. experience in project management and Post Production scheduling required
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or related field
- Working knowledge of Post Production & Production processes
- Experience delivering for broadcast and digital (4K experience a plus)
- Proficient in Google Apps and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
- This position requires the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to adapt to changes in production plan / schedules
- Ability to work independently with multiple teams
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web to its global audience of 200M.
About BuzzFeed Motion Pictures (BFMP)
BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is one of the largest original content creators in the online video space, with 1.5 billion+ monthly views across all platforms. BFMP employs over 200 people across it's Hollywood based editorial and branded video teams.