THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
We are looking for an experienced freelance Project Manager who will work on a large website translation project. The project will run until the second week of November and we are looking for a candidate who would be ready to start immediately.
As a Project Manager working on this project, you will:
- Work as a member of our THG Translation Team and manage the production of language services for an internal client
- Coordinate, train and recruit linguists who will work on this project
- Complete internal quality checks
- Ensure that the project is completed by the required deadline
- Liaise with our client in order to ensure that the project is run smoothly and efficiently and that our translations meet their requirements
- Complete administrative tasks
- Support and guide our quality assurance team
- Develop a trusted partnership with our client and your colleagues by sharing your expertise and offering your support
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Exceptional language skills: near level of English and of a second language
- At least 2 years’ experience in the supply or client-side translation within a project management role preferably in the e-commerce sector
- Experience managing translation projects that involve a high number of linguists
- High level of expertise in working with TMS/CAT tools
- Ambition and courage to explore new ideas in order to develop innovative solutions and work efficiently
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills and the ability to handle pressure and be efficient when delivering to tight deadlines
- Willingness to collaborate and share their expertise with linguists and colleagues
- Friendly and credible personality who inspires trust in clients, partners and colleagues
- Flexibility and a positive ‘can-do’ approach that builds team spirit
What it is like to work on our Operations Teams:
- You will work remotely as a freelancer from Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm and will support our THG Translation Team with project management work
- Your colleagues are industry experts with significant experience in their fields, which means that you will have a strong support network around you
- You will work in a transparent and collaborative environment providing you with plenty of opportunities to share and discuss ideas with your colleagues
- As a part of a dynamic, high growth and technology-oriented company you will play a role in developing solutions that make translation easier for our client