Onfido uses machine learning to help over 1,500 companies verify the identity of their users online.
Founded in 2012, we've received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft. As a team of 180 with offices in 5 countries, we work with global customers including BBVA, Square and LendingKart.
Our technology verifies the authenticity of a user’s identity document and compares it with their facial biometrics. As a global innovator in the Computer Vision space, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time, enabling our clients to rapidly onboard more users while protecting themselves against fraudulent activity. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive trust, inclusion and safety online.
At Onfido we use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and like to pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
We're looking for talented frontend engineers to join our London-based team and help us continue to build the future of online trust. You'll join a group of smart, friendly and ambitious engineers and researchers who take pride in software we ship and hold ourselves to high standards in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are essential.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast growing scaleup and product driven environment using new technologies and frameworks as we build our ID verification solution.
As a Front End Software Engineer, you will:
- Deliver an awesome end-to-end experience to our clients. You will join our client experience team to work on our client dashboards, trial and demo features, and make it easy for our customers’ engineers to integrate with Onfido.
- Problem solve: Working independently on complex design and development tasks.
- Provide technical leadership: Help define how we do front end and advise other teams on their approach.
- Product Design: Working closely with our Design and Product teams to help design and build intuitive solutions.
- Improving stability: Reviewing architecture to ensure our software is robust and scalable.
- Building rich analytic dashboards to help customers understand their user base and fraud exposure
- Designing and developing unique visualisations to explain and present fraud
- React Native demo and trial apps to show off our mobile SDKs
- Building tools to combine machine intelligence with expert human insight at high scale
We deeply value trust and ownership. Our engineers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Significant experience as a Font End Engineer
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience using Git and collaborative workflows including code reviews.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest and Jasmine
- You are keen to take responsibility for delivering complex projects, from design to deployment to operation
- You'll uphold and promote good practice in design, code quality and security
- You are passionate about designing, creating rich user experiences and usability
- Working knowledge of at least one other language (e.g. Ruby, PHP, Python),
- React Native
- Microservices architectures
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Payroll Giving
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture - we meet for a Friday afternoon forum (OnFriday) to engage peers informally over drinks.
- If you’re relocating from another country to join then we’ll get you an Airbnb for the first month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.