CARTO is changing the way maps are made by building the easiest and most powerful data mapping engine ever. We have more than 200,000 loyal users and customers around the world. The amount of location-based data is exploding, and from biodiversity to transportation to marketing, people around the world are using CARTO to bring their data to life.
We’re looking for an experienced software developer to work as part of our Builder team. Your work will contribute directly to CARTO's open source stack, and you’ll be a full member of our Product team.
- Contribute to the CARTO Builder, writing code for the UI of our web application.
- Use and advocate for good testing practices
- Gather feedback and incorporate it into future technical decisions
- 5+ years of software experience, with a demonstrated interest in open source
- Experience developing client side APIs.
- Strong interest in UI/UX and performance
- Mature approach to software development, including documentation, testing, and optimization.
- Fluid communication skills, whether written or verbal, and fluent English.
- Curiosity, energy, and good humor.
- An approach that contributes to our culture of openness, constant feedback, and iterative improvement.
- Available to work out of our Madrid office
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our Employee Stock Options Plan.
- Every friday afternoon is Leapfrog time, where you will be working on whatever you like.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment in the center of Madrid
- Involvement in the mapping and tech communities—we host lots of events and organize code sprints, and last year >80% of our team spoke at conferences
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee and even a cinema :)
Want to know more about us? Find more information at: