Schibsted Marketplaces empower the world’s economy and promote sustainability by enabling anyone to sell and everyone to buy, connecting people to new opportunities and great deals every day. Our goal is to provide fantastic value to all of our 30 million daily users across 22 countries, with effective and safe online classified ads.
Schibsted Marketplaces is one of the two business divisions of Schibsted, an international organisation with more than 7,000 employees in 19 countries. For nearly 200 years, Schibsted has been a trusted name in media, with leading daily newspapers in Sweden and Norway and a trusted family of digital consumer brands.
Our 3000+ employees in Schibsted Marketplaces focus daily on solving real problems for our users. With leading generalist marketplaces across Europe, exciting growth companies in Latin America and Eastern Europe, and technology hubs in Barcelona, London, Oslo and Stockholm (to name a few), our teams balance local insight with global scale to develop innovative products and features on the leading edge of digital.
Experimentation is vital to Schibsted’s future ability to deliver customer and business value. Schibsted wants to move beyond simple off-the-shelf UX experimentation and run concurrent A/B testing in client, server and the edge. Schibsted has built an initial experimentation system with a small team and based on the success of this product we are now investing heavily in the technology to build it into a key component for all marketplaces. We are looking for software engineers, product designers, data scientists and product management professionals to join our team in Barcelona to build a world class experimentation platform.
The initial mission is to create an Experimentation platform that will bring multivariate A/B and related testing capabilities to the suite of Marketplace Components. The team will then scale the platform to serve all Marketplaces within Schibsted and create a culture of experiment based product development.
- Build the UI for creating, testing and running experiments
- Build experiments result live reports.
- Define the applications architecture
- Build the experimentation SDKs for React and other web frameworks
- Build software tools to allow provisioning of new features at runtime through the experimentation platform
- Work with data scientists and UX to ensure experimentation results are clear and actionable
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimisation, maintainability, and quality
- Support diverse clients from high end desktop computers to mobile devices.
- Experience with NodeJS and React
- Web development for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, RESTful APIs.
- SOLID, TDD.
- High availability websites.
- AWS or any other cloud platform.
- CI/CD build pipelines
- Agile methodologies.
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints.
- High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organisation toward a consensus.