Why is this role important at Infobip?
Being a part of Infobip Engineering Powerhouse means working on an in-house developed product and delivering solutions on a global level. As a Front End Software Engineer in Sarajevo you will be dedicated to your microservices and deal with challenges of large architecture that is scalable, balanced, sends over 400 million messages daily and helps our clients to grow their business. It’s an opportunity to work on our Real-Time Communication requirement area, where we enable instant interactions across our platform, whether that’s audio communication using our Voice platform, or video communication across our WebRTC platform.
What will you do?
- Work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, usable, responsive and interactive interfaces
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Contributing to some back-end experience, collaborating on APIs, and more
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies
- Make suggestions for better solutions for problems
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
More about you:
- You have work experience as a Frontend Engineer.
- You hold a BSc degree in Computer Science or other relevant field.
- You have great problem-solving skills and are a critical thinker.
- You are passionate to create good design and usability.
- You have proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- You have basic understanding of testing tools like Jest / Mocha, Enzyme etc.
- Basic understanding of state-management tools is a plus.
- You have basic understanding of Node and NPM / Yarn.
- You have basic knowledge of build tools and task runners like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt etc.
- You have proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques.
- You have proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills.
- You are willing to learn more about backend technologies such as Java, Spring or Kotlin.
- Maybe you see yourself becoming a Full Stack Engineer in the future - great!
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process etc.
- You build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords - all our teams combined deploy something new every 50 seconds.
Educational budget – You get to decide will you spend your budget on conferences, online courses or certifications.
Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation Week as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, Hackathons to attending conferences, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, health benefits, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities, a kitchen stocked with the usual suspects, flexible working hours, opportunity to work from home up to 5 days per month, internal conference for developers which brings together 9 development center in thermal resort... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!