The primary function of the Front-End Software Engineer II is to assist in the requirements gathering, design, coding, and testing of software products. Work in close supervision of senior front-end software engineer to develop/maintain/enhance all company’s web-based .NET applications, both internal and external.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead UI/UX development of small to medium size software projects
- Maintain/enhance existing AngularJS applications
- Perform cross browser testing
- Contribute to Makita UI library as needed
Education, Skills and/or Experience Needed:
- A passion for building awesome user interfaces and a keen eye for detail
- Experience with cross browser development and testing
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010/2013/2017, TFS 2010/2013
- Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability and attention to details
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment; contribution and listening skills are paramount
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as computer science is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and spelling skills in English
- Ability to effectively communicate through all channels. Ability to participate and contribute in group environments while presenting and answering questions
Must have reasoning in problem solving abilities, planning skills, able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions best suited for the users, dealers and company
- May be subjected to working extended and/or irregular hours
- This position is required to sit for intermittent periods of time with occasionally being required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, or reach
- This position may require specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- May occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Able to work with power tools, accessories and related materials
- Able to work in an environment that may be subjected to occasional loud noises, hazardous materials, chemicals, etc.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, veteran status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information, medical (including genetic characteristics or cancer diagnosis), actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is prohibited. Additionally, the Company will provide registered domestic partners with all rights and benefits as required by Law. The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) prohibits employers from requesting or requiring genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.