Front-End Web Developer / Product Designer
We are looking for a talented Front-End Web developer with Product Design experience who can create amazing user experiences, help make key design decisions, and reinvent the way our users interact with our app and company.
The right person...
- Must have a “design first” mentality and an eye for clean and artful web design.
- Should have experience charting and displaying large, multi-dimensional data simply.
- Must have experience influencing users to take action within a UI.
- Should feel pain and shame when clunky or ugly front-end ships into production.
- Will fill a void in this company and become the defender against bad UI/UX.
- Will only allow beautiful and elegant front-end elements to be shipped to production.
- Will never sacrifice on quality and the user experience.
- Will push back to stakeholders when a feature does not meet our high-quality design standards.
- Will have the opportunity to make a large impact in a rapidly growing, self-funded startup.
- Will have the freedom and flexibility to influence site-wide design.
To learn more about this position, please watch this video from one of the co-founders of the company.
So, are you the right person for this position? Apply now below!
Reminder: This is a remote position
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks.
- Build reusable code, components and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Review and approve new features to match the standards and best practices from other team members.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic.
- Pair and mentor other members of the development team.
- Proven work experience as a web designer
- Demonstrable web design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency in latest visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Excellent understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, SCSS and SASS.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Stable work environment suitable for remote work and teleconferencing.
- Good understanding of SEO and internet marketing principles is desirable.
- Good pay in USD
- Accelerated growth in your career through industry leading mentors / coworkers.
- Internal promotion path into management or other areas of interest.
- Fun and friendly team members.
- Company sponsored events and retreats.
- Ability to work from anywhere.
- Free books, software, subscriptions or plugins that are deemed useful and help improve the speed and quality of your work.