Frontend engineers are the core of the Disqus product team. We're looking for someone to join our close-knit team. You'll work with modern frameworks and tools to deliver an engaging discussion experience for hundreds of millions of users on the web. You'll build features rapidly, with multiple deploys per day. You'll work closely with your peers in a flat structure to share responsibilities under the VP of Engineering.
This role is based out of our San Francisco office.
What you'll do
- Implement, test, and maintain single page front-end applications written with modern tools like React, Backbone, Grunt, Less, Node.js
- Spec and scope new features within cross-functional, product-oriented teams
- Participate in code design and reviews, and identify and communicate front-end best practices
- Write unit and integration tests for new and existing features
What we're looking for
- Good grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Working knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, such as common data-structures and algorithms
- Comfortable working across the complete web stack
- Python and Django experience is a plus
- Ability to collaborate well in a team environment, and be sensitive in giving and receiving feedback on code and other contributions
- Familiarity with software best practices and architectural design patterns
- Ability to self-manage time and concurrent responsibilities
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations is a plus
- Excited to learn new technologies
What you’ll get from us
- The opportunity to make enormous impact on our business. We boast one of the largest user to employee ratios in the biz (hovering around 22 million users per employee!)
- A chance to join a community of people who are passionate about great discussions -- and are building the best place on the web to talk about things that matter.
- A company culture that values learning from one another, exhibiting a generous spirit, and bringing our authentic selves to work. Our collective breadth of experience allows us to make a bigger impact -- we are greater than the sum of our parts.
- Generous total compensation packages for each employee. Some highlights include fully-covered health, dental and vision plans; flexible work hours and unlimited PTO, including up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave; and competitive salary and stock options.
- Perks to keep you at your best, including daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen, weekly in-office yoga and massage, a bountiful equipment and workstation policy, and access to resources to help you learn, from a learning stipend to a well-stocked library.
- Great office location in SoMa, which is easily accessible by BART, MUNI, Caltrain and Transbay buses.
We love the internet, and the colorful characters and interesting conversations that make up its diverse communities. Disqus exists to make better communities and an even better web. Today, our product ecosystem includes our established comment network (over 3 million websites that cover pretty much any topic imaginable), a growing advertising network, and our owned and operated platform. Originally founded in 2007 by CEO Daniel Ha and CTO Jason Yan, we’re changing the way people get into discussions about the things they love -- or are just curious about. Come join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.