A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
From the moment you flexed your first <div>, you knew that frontend was for you. What you didn’t know was how far beyond the simplicity of a grid-based layout your journey would take you! Frontend software engineers at Palantir are constantly exploring new horizons: type theory, operational transforms, 2D and 3D mapping, UI design systems, high-scale graphics rendering, evidence-based performance optimization, and the need to decompose user asks into maintainable software.
Every engineer is encouraged to play to their strengths, so there is no “one size fits all” approach to frontend engineering. Here are a few of the many diverse types of engineers you may work with:
• The engineer that balances velocity with refinement, sprinkling code improvements at a constant clip and writing clean, production-quality code that helps mature early ideas into hardened products.
• The engineer who loves the challenge of isolating and crushing standalone problems under the might of an elegantly designed library. Writes beautiful APIs and documentation. May be active in Open Source.
• The engineer who thrives in a green field, working thoughtfully with or without a designer to bring wispy ideas from whiteboard to prototypal fruition in record time. Abides by the mantra of “Move quickly and make things.”
• The engineer that seeks to understand, capture, and celebrate the tiny details in the world. Lives for pixel precision and the final layers of polish, elegance, and performance that will make our products take flight.
• The engineer who optimizes the tooling that others depend on, pushing the boundary of what frontend build systems can deliver. Harnesses tools such as Webpack, Lerna and Babel to increase developer productivity and package code to be deployed anywhere.
Frontend engineers are involved throughout the product lifecycle - from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution and shipping! You’ll collaborate closely with designers, product managers and backend developers to shape and build powerful data-backed applications. You will be a part of high-level product and technical decision-making, as well as diving into the weeds to unblock those around you and write maintainable code. We encourage all team members to stay up-to-date with current frontend trends, identify community standard processes, and guide others around them through code reviews and internal tech talks.
What We Value
- Ability to engage on UX and design topics. You have a passion for building excellent products, and are constantly pushing to increase your product's impact for its users
- Experience working with large and sophisticated codebases. You navigate complexity well and hold a high quality bar for yourself and those around you.
- Experience building data-intensive and/or collaborative, multiplayer applications (e.g. CRDT, OT).
- Active TS/SCI security clearance or willingness and eligibility to obtain a security clearance.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent understanding of algorithms, performance, and systems design.
- Familiarity with multiple web APIs (e.g. WebSockets, Web Workers, WebRTC, Canvas, WebGL)
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $125,000 - $200,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by each individual’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir
and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.