At Canva we are revolutionising the way people design. Our goal is to become THE design tool for anything published on the web and we believe we are only 1% of the way there. Our team is composed of the some of the brightest minds in the business with the motivation to create something amazing and disrupt the way design is thought about and created. Since launching in 2013 we have been on an exponential growth trajectory. To date we are sitting at roughly 55 million monthly active users and are still seeing that number increase. We are one of the worlds fastest growing companies and we have only accomplished a fraction of what is possible! Only a hand full of companies can say they have grown as quickly as we have and the sky is the limit here at Canva.
About this role:
The frontend engineer will bring digital projects to life by developing email and in-app message components that are optimised to display across different browsers, clients and devices. The engineer will also be responsible for developing landing pages for performance marketing channels and SEM (Search Engine Marketing) campaigns. Would definitely be a bonus if you have experience with experimentation & CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) and building interactive emails like AMP.
- Work with product designers and growth marketers to build components for marketing channels such as emails and in-app messages (IAM).
- Work with product designers and growth marketers to build SEM landing pages.
- Build efficient and reusable front end abstractions and systems.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Communicate with other team members to figure out the best solutions to difficult problems.
- Help to identify and communicate standard practices and methodologies for front end engineering.
- Experience developing rich experiences with HTML/CSS/JS.
- Intimate knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development.
- Experienced creating emails and debugging for different email clients.
- Minimum two years experience.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing.
- Experience with Braze.
- Experience with Dyspatch.
- Experience with creating interactive emails such as AMP email.
- An interest in interaction design.
Recent Projects Include
- Developing the email components used Canva’s marketing campaigns.
- Implementing new in-app messaging components to help Canva’s users discover new functionality.
- Developing and launching SEM landing pages for Canva’s marketing campaigns and pricing plans.
- Conducting experimentation across SEM landing pages helping optimize conversation.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Gym and yoga facilities onsite
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a social area, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided and visa application fees covered