Tradeshift, a fast growing startup with offices in San Francisco and Copenhagen, is starting a New York engineering office and building out the engineering team. The New York office will own Tradeshift’s application developer platform - we will develop, evolve and support the platform and enable our developer partners. We are looking for eclectic engineers who are passionate about building elegant solutions. We do not care too much about specific qualifications but we won't compromise on excellence. Here is the post about what this team will be working on and what types of skills are important for Tradeshift.
To learn more about Tradeshift, here is a series of blog posts about our engineering - mission, technology choices and different teams.
How this role fits into the team:
You will also develop and support our toolset and applications that have UI on top of it. For example, we will manage Tradeshift’s app store, and many of our services have a UI component. You will work with our UI components team (sometimes implementing features) to make sure our developer partners have great user experience. You will work with designers and partners to help define UI standards for external applications, and work with partners to help them comply with those standards.
- Designing extensible systems
- API design and operations
- Front End Development, including node.js
- Unit and functional test writing
- Writing documentation
- Working with clients or partners- people with consulting backgrounds or who have worked with third party partners
- Creating developer samples and sample apps
- Training, light-weight such as webinars, etc.
- Great communication skills, spoken and written
- Domain expertise in supply chain management and / or social networks
- Light-weight project management
What we Offer:
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch and snacks provided daily from local NY eateries
- Fully paid 6 months maternity leave and 2 months fully paid paternity/partner leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability
- Volunteer program
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more
This job has been filled or removed by Tradeshift.