Uniplaces is creating a trusted, global brand for student accommodation. We believe in empowering student mobility, especially by making the process of finding accommodation online easier. We are an international, venture backed team and a results oriented business with global ambitions. It is important for us to build a strong team spirit in which everyone feels responsible and empowered to achieve their potential and be rewarded for doing so. Uniplaces is supported by top investors who have created leading consumer internet brands such as Zoopla.co.uk and LOVEFiLM.
As we are expanding globally, we’re now looking for a strong Front-End Engineer to join our team. It takes a mixture of technical knowledge, analytical skills and pure hustle to be able to succeed in this role.
If you join us these will be your responsibilities:
- Develop new applications and features
- Drive to continuously maintain high product quality
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Identify and communicate frontend best practices
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
- Preference for working in rapid development cycles
- Familiarity with common tools like Git and Jira
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Fluent in English
- Extensive experience with CSS preprocessors, extra points for SASS
- Experience with application automation tools, extra points for Grunt
- Experience managing application packages with Bower
Nice to have:
- Experience with performance and mobile optimisation
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Extra points for previous experience leading small/medium size teams
Some of our employee benefits:
- Startup experience in our fast-growing, venture backed company.
- Direct contact with the senior team, and management responsabilities.
- Quick progression & exposure to all areas of the business
- Competitive compensation package, negotiable, based on experience, attractive performance bonus plan & stock option compensation plan
- New Macbook
- Flexibility to take time off when necessary & open vacation policy
- A chance to have fun while working.