Wagestream is the global leader in Earned Wage Access (EWA). We provide an income streaming solution for employers to give employees instant access to their earnings, and prevent them ever having to go into debt between pay cycles.
We were founded for a social purpose to reduce the poverty premium. We believe the monthly pay cycle is fundamentally broken and unfair to employees, and that we can fix it. We know financial services are better served through the employer, and have built a set of tools [track, stream, save, learn], that boost the financial resilience of a workforce and have a measurable and proven impact on employee retention and productivity.
We love our clients and do everything we can to support them. We already help 800,000 employees worldwide access their income when they need it, across some of the largest organisations globally including the NHS, Burger King, Co-Op, Adecco, Bupa, Stonegate Pubs and Rentokil. In July 2020, Wagestream raised additional funding to expand into new markets in Europe and North America.
Our mission is to provide fair financial services to all and our technology has started to create a whole new category; the workplace bank.
- Work with stakeholders to define new features for employees and employers for our web and mobile application
- Architect, develop, test, and release new features (ideally to a subset of our total audience)
- You are a front-end expert or full stack.
- You look at the full picture to understand the value and impact of what you are building by talking to customers (internal, external)
- You constantly battle with the "Building The Right Product" and "Building The Product Right" argument - it keeps you honest, and in-tune with the value you produce.
What experience would we expect you to have?
(But if you’re close… that’s still a conversation we would like to have!)
- Ideal candidate will have experience in working within AWS. We are heavy users of DynamoDB, SQS, S3, SES, Lambdas, API Gateway, etc
- We're not expecting you to be a graphic designer, but you should have an eye for aesthetics and feel comfortable designing some UI/UX yourself
- Native Spanish, Fluent English.
- Join a culture of trust and autonomy
- Have impact in a growing business with big growth plans
- We will pay you what you're worth. We are fully committed to closing the gender pay gap, promoting diversity and inclusivity, and paying people what they deserve to be paid.
- We're a Remote First business - work from home or our Madrid office (coming soon!) - you choose!
- We will help you manage your busy lifestyle with flexible working opportunities, most of the team work "core hours" to allow touchpoints with your team, but we also make sure you have the time to pick the kids up at 3pm, or go for that mid-morning run to boost your productivity. We want you to have the best of both worlds.
- We will support you with your career endeavours. We are committed to internal progression, and offering our team members the best opportunities for growth. We want to invest in you the same way you're going to invest in us!
- Enjoy 23 days annual leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 days rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs.
- Enjoy regular team socials, both remote and in-person!
- And free access to Wagestream... Naturally!
We know money is only one part of the package, but still important, we will offer a salary from €40k - €55k and increasing depending on experience & suitability.
And of course everyone gets a piece of the pie with our equity options!