Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
Verisign is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join the Data Processing and Monitoring Team which is responsible for developing the critical middleware infrastructure and services to actively and passively check the health of the globally distributed set of services, as well as providing online insights. The ideal Engineer is an individual able to bring ideas from all areas, is proactive, has a strong sense of urgency and ownership, and is used to deal with distributed systems, large-scale system design, networking, data storage and, last but not least, security.
We’re looking for a highly skilled Full Stack engineer who can:
- Design, Develop and Test, as well as Support world-class distributed systems
- Support operations and other teams in finding availability and performance issues in various services by building tools to analyze the large amount of data and spot anomalies
- Work on systems with enormous transaction processing requirements and ensure all OLAs and SLAs are comfortably met.
- Use industry best practices to deliver high quality solutions leveraging open source tools/toolkits and utilities with automated daily builds, tests, and deployment
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional organizations including system architects, project managers, product managers and operations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+years of relevant work experience in software development
- 3+years of experience developing applications in a UNIX environment
- Strong Java/Golang/Scala or other equivalent programming language experience
- Proven experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience working in Linux environment, specifically shell scripting and Python
- Client/server and distributed software architectures
- Strong preference to candidates with exposure to GoLang
- Experience with UI development using Angular/React JS or similar frameworks
- Experience with Spring Framework including Spring batch, Spring boot, Spring Data etc.
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Hive and other BigData Technologies/Tookits
- Exposure to scripting in Python
- Ansible/Puppet or similar deployment automation technology
- Experience with containerization using Docker or related technology
- Experience working in public or private cloud environment e.g Openstack/AWS
- Agile methodologies
- Basic networking and routing protocols
- DNS protocol experience
Verisign is an equal opportunity employer. That means we recruit, hire, compensate, train, promote, transfer, and administer all terms and conditions of employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected categories under applicable law.
Additionally, Verisign is committed to helping our diverse workforce manage a healthy work-life balance through all stages of their life and career. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with highly competitive benefits and robust learning programs. For more information, click on the links below.
Our Careers Page
Our Benefits Summary
Verisign in the Community
Our EEO Statement
Our Privacy Notice for European Job Applicants/Candidates
Staffing agency policy: No fees will be paid for unsolicited resumes submitted to Verisign or our employees by third parties.