1776 is a public benefit corporation that empowers startup ecosystems around the world to solve complex challenges. Our goal is to provide anyone, anywhere in the world with the opportunity to participate in the innovation economy and to ensure the digital revolution actually solves real world problems, which are typically highly regulated, complex and massive. We believe focusing on these challenges will lead to bigger impact.
1776 is seeking an outstanding Full-Stack Engineer to join our product & engineering team who build a platform centralizing the start-up connection, curriculum, event and community experience in the 1776 network. If you want to build your career in a fast-paced environment where you can collaborate with the some of the most inspiring startups changing industries that matter, then we are a good match. We’re looking for a Full-Stack Engineer with the experience, energy and passion to help develop and grow our online platform.
Your job is to build the core web and mobile platform that connects thousands of startups around the world with the community and resources they need to grow. We want someone with outstanding technical skills, but we also want a leader who cares deeply about the quality of the product and the direction of the company. We are seeking product focused engineers who enjoy working closely with customers and love collaborating with other talented engineers in a virtual friendly environment. You would be joining an agile team who take pride in building a modern platform built off beautiful code. You are not just here to code.
Preferred Technical Experience
- Comfortable working with rapid application frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS/JS using frameworks such as React, JQuery, and Foundation
- Knowledgeable about database querying
Additional Technical Experience
- Passion for test driven development
- Ability to implement code with thought towards performance and maintainability
- Confidence to make product decisions about implementation trade-offs
- Confidence in analyzing 3rd party libraries and determining integration trade-offs
- Data model design experience
- Experienced in building iOS and Android applications and launching in app stores
Leadership and Team Skills
- Deep commitment to the mission of 1776
- Outstanding communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Process oriented with drive towards team optimization
- Love of beautiful user experience
- Love for working with customers and satisfying their needs
- Ability to share and receive feedback with everyone in the company and the community
- Positive attitude