Join Andreessen Horowitz's engineering team
We’re looking for self-proclaimed nerds with a passion for programming and a love for learning.
About Andreessen Horowitz
Andreessen Horowitz is a $6 billion venture capital firm focused on software and Internet investments. The firm invests at all stages of company development, with investments ranging in size from $50,000 to $100 million. Among its investments are Airbnb, Coinbase, Crowdtilt, Facebook, Foursquare, Genius, GitHub, Instagram, Jawbone, Lookout, Nicira, Oculus VR, Meteor, Lyft, Pinterest, Skype, and Twitter.
What you’ll be doing:
From the get-go, you will work with the existing team to develop infrastructure, collect and store data for analysis and presentation, and design and build applications to use this data in various ways. You will help in the planning of existing architecture as well as the development of entirely new projects. Most of all, you will be part of a team embarking on something new, different, and impactful at a16z.
Initial responsibilities will include:
· Improving our backend infrastructure and database schema to help Andreessen Horowitz better utilize company and fund data (including migrations, query profiling for performance indexes, logging, improving the reporting and job management system).
· Writing additional ETLs to gather, structure, and normalize data from new and existing sources for our database.
· Creating additional internal APIs to expose this data to frontend applications.
· Improving upon existing frontend applications for optimizing dealflow.
· Building entirely new applications to extract value from existing data.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
· Experience with modern software development.
· Familiarity with relational databases and the relational model.
· Comfort with multiple programming paradigms and their best practices.
· A basic CS knowledge (algorithms and data structures, computational complexity theory, computing systems - preferably *NIX architecture, application knowledge).
· A dedication to building things (show us what you’re proud of)!
· An open and inquisitive mind.
Nice to haves:
· Full-stack experience with one or more web development frameworks (e.g., Angular/Knockout/Ember/etc. on the frontend, Django/Rails/Node/etc. on the backend).
· Knowledge of modern web development concepts (e.g., RESTful services, MVC architecture, Agile development).
This job has been filled or removed by Andreessen Horowitz.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Full Stack Engineer job post.✕