Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the fuel behind Adthena’s platform. From patented machine learning methods, to developing an award-winning application, our Technology team is continuously innovating and enabling technology to solve real problems for our customers. We are looking for a proficient Full Stack Engineer who is excited about working with some of the most talented engineers in the industry to build amazing technologies and develop their career to be the best at what they do.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Commercial experience applying engineering best practices (SOLID, TDD, Agile/Scrum)
- Good knowledge of SQL and related database technologies
- Natural leader with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding and ability to apply modern technologies, data structures and design patterns to solve real problems efficiently
- Customer/User focused with proven experience improving UX
- Support the Technical Architect to move forward our Technology and Teams by removing impediments and coaching junior team members
- Technical leadership within squad/team to help team meet delivery milestones and delivery high quality products
- Understands the importance/need to deliver on business objectives and makes major contributions to our code that serves as an example to other engineers
- Contributes towards continuous improvement by driving changes to engineering practices with well-reasoned arguments and actionable insights
- Stay up to date with the newest technological developments and best practices
- Be empathetic towards team members and customers
Technologies We Use at Adthena across our Technology Teams
Frameworks: DropWizard, React and Play Framework (Scala)
Databases: PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift, Redis
Technologies: RabbitMQ (messaging), Quartz scheduling, Docker and Kubernetes, Maven
Source Control: Git (GitHub)
Other Tools: IntelliJ IDEA, Jira, Grafana
About the Application Team
Athena's Technology team is a market leader in developing Competitive Intelligence for AdTech Search. Our Application team(s) develop un-parallel technologies that help our clients understand their paid and organic search landscape and improve campaign performance. We are an empathetic group of engineers making a career out of building great software for our customers. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be working across our entire web stack, so a real passion to drive the product and technology forward is something that we value. You will work cross-functionally to deliver user-centric solutions to our customers and become an expert in developing high quality technical solutions through testable and maintainable code. Being a key member of the Application team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other like-minded engineers to learn and experience working with some exciting web and automation technologies. Together you will continuously evolve our technology stack and also contribute to cross-functional system architecture, software system design, analytics applications and rapid prototyping. We strive to provide the best experience and value to our users/customers, so we focus on continuous innovation, delivery and feedback. Our engineering culture is underpinned by sharing knowledge, coaching and growing together. You will have the opportunity to explore/innovate new technologies, mentor engineers and lead Technology initiatives. You will enjoy this role if you love writing code, learning new technologies, solving problems and winning as a team.
Adthena’s mission is a world of search transparency where precise ads connect marketers to consumers. This statement is key to our ethos here at Adthena and is backed by our Whole Market View technology, a dynamic, AI-driven, data model that is unique for each advertiser, representing their entire relevant search landscape. Powered by our patented machine learning technology, Whole Market View provides the comprehensive data scope and quality required by the world’s leading advertisers to precisely assess competitive opportunities at scale across their entire market, without limitations. We index information hourly, processing over 10TB of new data, 500 million adverts and 200 million keywords across 15 different languages each day. The segmented data is presented in an intuitive format, helping digital marketers to understand their landscape and acquire more customers. The technology has also won a number of awards for its ease of use and value added to clients including: Best Search Software Tool at the UK Search Awards 2016, Technical Innovation of the Year at the Drum Search Awards 2017, Best Search Technology of the Year at the Biddable Media Awards 2017 and Best Tech Platform at the DADI awards 2017. Adthena was founded by Ian O’Rourke and is backed by Mel Morris, the entrepreneur behind Candy Crush and former chairman of King.com.
A world of search transparency where precise ads connect marketers to consumers
Empower marketers to optimally reach, acquire, and retain consumers with unique data-driven search intelligence.
Deliver Remarkable Quality
Get Shit Done!
Freedom with Responsibility
Smart and Always Improving
Things that make Adthena Unique
Machine-Learned Whole Market View
AI-Driven Data Segmentation
Automated trend detection & monitoring technology
Built for Client Value and Outcomes
World Class Customer Success