Full Stack Engineer
Havenly, Inc. is a high growth online interior design, tech, and ecommerce platform. We provide an online interior design service that makes decorating one’s home simple, affordable, and accessible - our mission is to be everyone’s partner in creating a home that they love!
We are looking for a Full Stack engineer to build and maintain solutions that delight our customers and empower our designers. You’ll be responsible for end to end development of Havenly’s core product and features - whether that is developing a scaling strategy for our product, or designing a UX that creates a delightful consumer experience - there’s no shortage of interesting problems to solve.
At Havenly, our engineers are trusted to own major parts of both the codebase and our processes. We expect you to get involved as an active participant across the business, and work cross-functionally to solve problems and drive success. If you’re interested in furthering your career by solving interesting problems, working with exceptional people, and driving success at one of the top consumer startups in Denver, this is the job for you.
What problems are you solving:
- Building on a track record of delivering results and owning solutions in a high-volume production environment
- Communicating effectively with product managers and stakeholders around the drawbacks and advantages to a design decision
- Designing, developing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining your software on a high-traffic consumer website
- Developing and architecting code for the present with an eye towards the future
- Writing, running and maintaining your own automated tests
- Collaborating with other engineers. Software development is a team activity.
- Drive best practices within an agile (scrum) environment while understanding the balance between perfection and speed
What technologies are you using:
- React, SASS, NextJS
- GraphQL (Apollo/Typescript)
- AWS Cloud Computing
- SQL (MySQL)
- Command Line/Shell scripting
Why this opportunity:
- You relish working with other pragmatic engineers where you all thrive when working together to deploy code every day, and propel the company towards its goals
- You want to collaborate with other talented engineers to ensure that we’re designing and developing for the present with an eye towards the future.
- You want to learn frameworks and languages that may be new to you
- This is a full-time exempt position headquartered in Denver, CO (remote candidates considered)
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), company equity, 401K, and Fertility benefits. In addition we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Targeted compensation range for this role: 90-120K/year, dependent upon experience.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Our company goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true self to work each and every day. We take pride in, and commit to, ensuring that everyone at Havenly feels valued, heard, welcome and that they have equal opportunities to thrive.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with Havenly’s policies as well as in compliance with state and federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to safeguarding the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all employees at Havenly. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Havenly will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated employees submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you.