About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
About this Position
China is one of the largest and fastest growing travel markets and a critical piece to Airbnb's mission. Here we want to build a localized product team that best serves Chinese users and market, enabling everyone to truly "belong anywhere".
We are now looking for talented software engineers to work on search ranking and monetization for Airbnb China, providing our guests and hosts an intelligent product and building a healthy marketplace that grows sustainably.
- Build services and APIs to drive existing and new features for web and mobile apps.
- Work with data scientists and business analysts to define, capture, and use real-time event data for business insights and product features.
- Work with other engineers and cross functional partners in product and design to build a world class online and offline product.
- Collaborate with infrastructure engineering teams to participate in, validate, and evolve how we build, test, and deploy code in a distributed Service-Oriented Architecture.
- 2+ years of industry experience in engineering
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to write high performance production quality code.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with web development best practices such as A/B testing, continuous integration.
- Understanding of data structures and problem solving approaches, and ability to articulate trade offs.
- Prior experience in machine learning is a plus.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…