Stripe builds the economic infrastructure for the internet. Guided by our ‘Users First’ principle, we have a weighty obligation to the businesses built on Stripe and their end customers to manage our users’ data with integrity, trust, and transparency. It is the Security organization’s mission to safeguard our users’ data and maintain their trust.
As an engineer on the Privacy Products team, you’ll have the opportunity to build differentiated privacy products that provide transparency to our users about Stripe’s data practices, give users choices and controls about their data, and meet our users’ expectations for how Stripe handles and safeguards their data.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in privacy and building user facing products. You should be comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, have exquisite attention to detail, and adept at communicating and working cross-functionally.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to solve problems at scale from end-to-end
- Enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as product, design, infrastructure, and operations
- Have an opportunity to integrate and further develop your security expertise
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy working across the stack, doing anything it takes to solve problems, and seeing projects through to completion
- Put yourself in the shoes of users and take delight in crafting great privacy experiences, both internally and externally
- Take pride in designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems at scale across Stripe’s engineering teams
- Reason clearly about security and product tradeoffs, while also balancing such priorities and decisions
- Find improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes rewarding
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, privacy, and design