TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 60 people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a Full-Stack Software Engineer who wants to help us make ecommerce easier for everyone.
We want you to join one of our product engineering teams and help us build a product our customers love. The product engineering team at TaxJar is solving complex problems on a daily basis, supporting our growing customer base and creating new solutions in a complex domain. We deal with large datasets, complex frequently-changing sales tax rules, and automating complex processes for thousands of business customers.
*This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the US.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer at TaxJar you will:
- Be challenged to solve new problems
- Work in every part of Ruby on Rail’s MVC framework
- Build pixel perfect UX based off designer provided mock-ups
- Contribute to architectural decisions and refactors
- Review and test your teammates pull requests
- Contribute to and maintain our existing Rspec test suites
- Maintain and update our core SaaS business logic
- Spend time working the customer success inbox. Our employees, even the CEO, spend time doing this - we’re all in it together.
- Extensive Ruby on Rails and RSpec experience
- Working knowledge of Vue.js or similar front end framework
- Ability to manage development tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in ecommerce
- Prior SaaS development, API development or similar app dev experience
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you:
- Write code that is maintainable and readable by your team
- Only want to work remotely
- Are accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.