We believe human connections are an integral part of unlocking the magic of technology, so we’ve set out to change the way people buy technology products by adding the human touch. Enjoy was founded by Ron Johnson, the former head of all Apple Stores, as well as other former Apple design and retail executives.
When you buy with Enjoy, your tech purchase will be hand-delivered by a highly trained Enjoy Expert. The Expert will meet you with your new product wherever and whenever you want in as fast as four hours. Trust us, this is not about speed and delivery, it’s about the experience you’ll have with the Expert. Experts then spend up to an hour helping you get set up and started and maybe even show you a few tips and tricks. The best part of our service -- it's free!
Here’s a little video we made to explain it: See How It Works
Our Engineering culture.
Check your ego at the door - because at Enjoy, the best ideas can and do come from anyone.
Solve problems - our engineers focus on solving problems, not building solutions handed to them. No one wants to be a code-monkey.
Continuous improvement - We believe it can always be better. We strive for continuous deployment enabled by healthy testing, monitoring, and feature flagging. Quick is better than perfect.
Strong opinions, kind heart - We are all passionate and open-minded, both are essential to building a successful and talented team.
Real impact - Are customers using the feature? Do we see a lift in metrics? Was our hypothesis right? It's not just about writing code or deploying features, it's about making an impact.
What You'll Be Doing.
As a core member of product engineering you will...
Collaborate in a team-oriented, exciting, challenging, and rewarding environment
Design and develop applications with consumer and business targeted audiences
Cultivate and champion the product, user experience, and scalable architecture
Experiment and challenge the business with new ways to approach problems
- 2+ years of experience developing in Ruby
- Experience in designing and building web applications to scale
- Enjoy whiteboarding data models, user interfaces, and workflows with others
- Value writing tests (test-first even), pairing, and making an impact
- Thrive in a self-managing culture driven by people not processes
Hopefully you have experience with the following (if not, don't worry you'll pick it up quickly)
- React and a flux framework of your choice (although redux is obviously the best)
- eCommerce, logistics, or SaaS industry experience
- Lean startup methodology, Agile sprints, A/B testing
- Redis, sidekiq, postgres or similar technologies
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with all applicable ordinances.