If you are a qualified accountant and want to work for a cutting edge and exciting start-up then this could be the job for you.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can hit the ground running building base line transactions into financial information. Ultimately helping shape the future of our company’s financial needs.
Finance, Accounts Payable & Receivable Functions
- Processing and paying all company invoices and credit notes, making domestic and international payments and setting up payment reminders
- Staff salary payments and liaison with payroll bureau
- All HMRC payments including PAYE VAT etc
- Control all aspects of the financial accounts including bank reconciliations and VAT returns ensuring all financial transactions are correctly recorded and anomalies investigated.
- Monitoring the two company bank accounts and making regular cash top-ups as required
- Credit control – makings sure all customers remain in terms, ensuring daily sales invoices are raised correctly.
- Stock – Controlling and reconciling stock movements
- Carry out all processing required by Sage including, posting all invoices on Sage Instant Accounts, coding all expenditure, posting actual payment dates of the invoices and ensuring back-ups of work and data.
- Provide sound, reliable and meaningful monthly reporting including P&L, Balance Sheet, and variance to budget analysis reporting.
- Develop meaningful KPI’s
- Monthly cash flow reporting to monitoring and interpret cash flows predicting future trends.
- Develop financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities
- Discuss trends, variances, opportunities and potential risks with the Operations Director, on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure any audits are managed smoothly create Audit timetable and packs in conjunction with Auditors.
- Develop internal relationships required for Finance to fulfil its duties.
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue.
Professional recognised accountancy qualification ACA, ACMA, ACCA
- Senior accounting experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience In providing management information.
- Pro-active problem-solving ability and initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Ability to work as part of a team and build strong working relationships, as well as independently.
- Good IT skills
- Working for an exciting growing Start Up Chemical Company based in Alderley Park in Alderley Edge.
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance and Accounts Manager who will be solely responsible for ensuring our accounting functions are enabled for growth.
- Working for a funded start-up.