About Founder Institute:
The Founder Institute (FI) is the world's largest pre-seed startup accelerator. We’ve helped launch over 4,000 companies in 180+ cities globally, that have raised in total over $800M of funding (portfolio valuation $30B). We are based in Silicon Valley and we recently opened an office in Sofia.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Fullstack Engineer (leaning towards backend) with a love for startups and data to help us. Our product is an end-to-end startup accelerator management system that was developed throughout the last 10 years. This system is a key enabler for our business to scale entrepreneurship worldwide. As an organization we are metric-driven and great at implementing and automating processes. Any feature that you work on has a direct impact on the growth of the startup ecosystem worldwide.
By joining our team, you will have the unique opportunity to build systems and tools that harness our datasets to drive innovation worldwide. You will be responsible for supporting the Founder Institute’s various engineering needs to enable thousands of Founders to launch and grow their tech companies every year. As a result, your work will have a direct impact on global economic development.
This position is full-time, located in Sofia, Bulgaria, and will report directly to the head of our Product Group.
As an Engineer, you will:
- Participate in developing and optimizing our core product that is utilized in all corners of the world
- Work on various features which utilize data to predict and to improve outcomes for the global startup ecosystem stakeholders: founders, mentors, local ecosystem leaders, investors and Founder Institute team members
- Work independently based out of the Sofia office, as part of a distributed team of Engineers
- Virtually attend meetings with FI team
- Travel to the annual strategy offsites in California
Your Background and Skills:
- A self-starter who can take a project and manage the execution in line with company strategies
- An individual who asks questions to understand the problem we are solving for our users, and who thinks creatively on how to provide the best solution
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Flexible and willing to compromise
- Exceptional attention to detail and autonomous time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Be on call from time to time if there are critical issues that need debugging
- Comfort working in an ambiguous environment
- Make accurate predictions for feature deployment to production
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- A passion for predictive analytics, data and statistics is a plus
What We Offer:
- We don’t talk, we act. We want to create fundamental change, that starts at the heart of innovation. We are building companies that power the progress of future generations.
- We don’t set limits, you do. If you want to grow you will. There is an infinite amount of opportunity to grow within your role and our organization.
- We are global, with local vibes. Our ecosystem spans the globe, but we have not forgotten about our roots. You will be part of a global platform with an incredible reach to some of the most respectable advisors, investors, and entrepreneurs.
- We believe hard work should be rewarded. We offer a competitive compensation package.
- We care about efficiency and results, not prestige. We want you to be able to focus on what you do best, and prioritize your well-being. Therefore, we offer flexible times, and remote work opportunities.
- We are located in a fantastic co-working space in Sofia (Puzl CowOrKing)
- Coffee to fuel yourself throughout the day
Salary Range: 4,000 - 7,000 BGN (Monthly Net)