Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is seeking a detail-oriented, Funding Specialist, responsible for receiving and processing inbound contracts in order to expedite the delivery and funding process. This position will also be responsible for making and receiving outbound calls in order to follow up and assist the customer through the buying and selling process. You will work directly with internal team members in multiple departments and externally with customers and vendors via email and will be expected to digitally communicate in an efficient manner. You must have a great understanding of consumer lending, compliance practices, and have quality grammar and punctuation skills. This role reports directly to the Associate Manager, Funding.
This position is located in Houston, TX.
The roles hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am -6:00pm and rotating Saturdays and Sundays.
- Organize customer information in a customer’s file for efficient processing through the funnel
- Manage a pipeline of open contracts pending funding from our external lender partners
- Efficiently QA and verify a deals readiness for the shipping process
- Review and verify sensitive materials such as a driver’s license, auto insurance, and vehicle titles
- Quality assure the structure and configuration of consumer contracts when they sell or purchase a vehicle with Vroom
- Analyze customer credit bureaus
- Confidentiality manage, analyze, and process customers' credit applications, ensuring accuracy of customer data, and adherence to Vroom's processing policies
- Assist customers with their questions related to their contracts or the overall process
- Own consistent follow ups on pending transactions
- Must be able to educate customers on financial products and processes
- Handle customer escalations with the ability to de-escalate issues
- Provide exceptional service to our customers
- Ambiguous mindset towards cross functionally learning multiple processes outside of your own
- Familiarity with consumer lending practices
- At least 2 years’ experience in customer facing role
- Financial acumen
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the lending industry- auto, mortgage, etc.
- Understanding of the importance of consistency, accuracy, and detail orientation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism via phone and email.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess the ability to change priorities quickly as time-sensitive needs arise. Able to adapt to a fluctuating workflow, particularly during periods of high inventory volume.
- Must be able to work both as part of a cohesive team and independently within set guidelines
- Quick and accurate using internal online tools.
- Desire to work for a dynamic, disruptive company
- Preferred: Associates degree
- In office and work from home rotational schedules- business permitted
- Weekend shifts required on a rotational basis
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matter
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.