At Wooga, data is a key driver in making strategic decisions in Live Games. As Game Data Analyst you will analyze large-scale data across customer touch points in order to generate insightful metrics, custom dashboards and deep dive analyses to measure performance.
Our game teams are aiming for best-in-class services to our players with frequent, meaningful game and content updates as well as driving innovation around personalized game experiences. Our culture is about open feedback and debate along the way; we believe analytics is a team sport. The product team you will join collaborates across design, engineering, art, and central service teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Wooga through deep qualitative & quantitative research.
We're looking for a passionate and results-oriented analyst to join our product team and develop new insights to shape data driven decisions, continuously improve our player’s experience and thereby help us to generate business growth for years to come. Some of your other responsibilities will include:
- Dive deep into the large-scale data to identify key insights that will inform product improvements and business strategy.
- Help define how best to measure and monitor our product and its features.
- Develop an analysis strategy and perform analysis of complex scenarios and AB-tests, both systematically and on a one-off basis.
- Engage with the product, engineering and service team members as a thought partner and provide an analytics perspective to discussions.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders across the company in order to successfully deliver actionable insights.
- Partner with Data Science and Data Engineering on data gathering, data governance, democratizing data with reporting tools and evangelizing KPIs.
- Carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis and reports.
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB-tests, then work with development teams to ensure correct implementation and tracking.
- Communicate actionable results and findings derived from data throughout the organization in a clear, concise way.
- Be the pro-active owner of the entire data chain for your product.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Computer Science, CIS/MIS, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or relevant field.
- 1-2 years of recent experience in a business analyst role. Preferably experience in the app industry or related field.
- You can use SQL effectively and you have a good understanding of commonly applied statistical techniques.
- You have good problem solving skills and can look for logical connections between consumer behavior and data.
- You have a good sense for the market, you are in tune with player patterns and understand customers.
- You have strong monetization design understanding and you analytically understand what makes a game great!
- You know your way around designing, communicating, visualizing or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous.
- You have excellent written and verbal skills in English. All of our internal communication at Wooga is in English. German skills are not required.
Nice to have
- Experience in the games industry
- Understanding of behavioral psychology
- Robust understanding of more advanced statistical techniques suitable for analysis of highly skewed populations
- Experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas
- Skills with reporting tools such as Periscope, Tableau, Mode
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games!
- Excite millions of players around the world every day through our games!
- Work just minutes from the center of Europe’s most vibrant city, Socialize in our hang-out spaces, and enjoy many fun events and parties! Enjoy our unique office space!
- A relocation support which matches your needs to make your and your loved ones’ move to Berlin smooth! Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of an education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafe’s, internal trainings, workshops and many others!
- We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences..