Gameplay Programmer (UE4)
Firaxis Games is seeking a talented and inspired gameplay programmer to join our award-winning development team. Firaxis is a highly collaborative and iterative environment, therefore we are looking for someone who can communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers and artists.
- Implement gameplay features within an established framework.
- Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base.
- Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Excellent 3D math skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making games.
- Capable of conveying a range of complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members.
- Good communication skills.
- 3+ years industry experience.
- Good instincts for game design and fun and innovative gameplay a plus
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or Firaxis.com accounts.