Boxed is the easiest and most modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxed’s app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, and pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
We are looking for a motivational leader to manage our Edison, NJ warehouse, which is our flagship operation. The General Manager will plan, organize, control, and direct the daily activities of the entire facility. This role reports to Boxed’s VP, Distribution.
You will focus on:
• Managing and directing the multi-directional team supporting all operations
• Controlling each aspect of budget and expense control
• Ensuring proper receipt, reconciliation, distribution and shipment of all merchandise to the appropriate customers
• Overseeing distribution fundamentals to maintain asset integrity and adherence to corporate policies
• Ensuring the allocation of resources to optimize distribution productivity
• Conducting open communication roundtable meetings with team member staff to address concerns and issues
• Reviewing changes in distribution philosophies to increase operational efficiencies and strive for continuous improvement, while planning strategically for the future of the business
• Ensuring the operation embraces maximum customer service to our customers, vendors, and home office partners.
• Responsible for all activities involved with the accurate and cost efficient movement of merchandise from the distribution center to our customers. These activities include warehousing, materials handling, protective packaging, inventory control, order processing, customer service, and directing subordinates.
• Monitor and control cost to meet or exceed all budget and productivity performance guidelines and benchmarks.
• Assure 100% asset integrity of all merchandise in conjunction with Boxed’s safety and quality control standards.
• Maintain proper guidelines and controls to ensure a quality management and team member relations environment. Ensure the allocation of sufficient resources to optimize productivity and realize continuous improvement.
• Monitor and control all inventory discrepancies by reviewing, researching and reporting all issues through proper channels
• Bachelor degree preferred
• 7+ years in a combination of physical distribution and resources management
• eCommerce and pick-pack order fulfillment experience preferred
Benefits and Perks:
•Full Healthcare Benefits
This job has been filled or removed by Boxed.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new General Manager job post.✕