Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re growing? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. We started 2023 with 350+ employees and are continuing to grow. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
The e-commerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is one of the largest opportunities for disruption in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $300B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!
🏎 About the Go-to-Market Team
The Go-to-Market team at Whatnot is responsible for the expansion of our category suite and the continued growth of sellers and buyers on the platform. As a General Manager, you’ll be responsible for fully owning a business unit and leading a partnerships and marketing team to ensure the success of your category on Whatnot.
- Hire and develop a team of strong Partnerships Managers and Marketing Managers across multiple product categories
- Define and monitor key success metrics in the category and ensure there’s sufficient liquidity for a healthy ecosystem
- Develop a tiered strategy for partnerships; focusing on a handful of high impact, bespoke executions while maintaining a consistent stream of scalable solutions and opportunities
- Lead multiple acquisition strategies while effectively tracking, analyzing and iterating upon the results
- Lead thinking and analysis to help us better understand buyer/seller needs and competitive landscapes across multiple categories
- You have 8+ years of experience working in partnerships and marketing.
- Experience at a high-growth startup, marketplace, or creator-focused platform is a plus
- You are an extraordinary leader with experience hiring, managing, and developing a team
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in a fast-paced startup environment with ambiguity and limited guidance
- You are deeply analytical and comfortable understanding and manipulating data to gain and take action on business insights
- You have experience working on a marketplace or two-sided platform where you’ve had to balance the needs of multiple parties
🙏 Nice to Have
- Experience with developing internal policies and processes for a new and fast-growing business
- Proficiency in SQL
- Passion for creator communities, existing product categories on Whatnot, and/or new verticals that are uniquely suited for live e-commerce
- Experience buying and selling in online marketplaces
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Medical/Dental/Vision (Supplementary Private Health)
- Food, Wellness, and Remote Work allowance
- Ireland: Pension, 11.05%
- UK: Pension, 3% / Social Security, 15.05%
- Flexible PTO
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks + one month gradual return to work
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.