About the General Manager:
Peek is looking for a talented, strategic & resourceful leader to manage our Utah Sales & Operations office. This General Manager will be responsible for the overall success of our Utah team, including fostering a strong culture, maintaining positive morale, overseeing our Utah recruiting efforts, and coordinating with Peek HQ in San Francisco to ensure that things are always running smoothly and the team is hitting their goals. Basically, the buck will stop with you. Externally, the GM will drive in-market brand awareness, handle government relations, and represent Peek at local events. This rare mix of analytical and creative makes this a very unique and exciting role, so if you think you have what it takes we want to speak with you!
- Provide strong leadership for the Utah sales, onboarding, support, & recruiting teams.
- Collaborate with Peek Leadership team to share company vision and ensure consistency and robust operational alignment with our HQ in San Francisco.
- Work with Sales/Onboarding/Support Managers and Team Leads to ensure the Utah team hits their metrics while facilitating employee professional development and coaching through 1:1s and group sessions.
- Manage all Utah budgeting and expense tracking.
- Oversee all local Utah recruiting efforts.
- Represent Peek at local events (e.g., career fairs, PR events, partnership discussions).
- Forge strong local and state government relationships.
- Handle local HR issues with support from SF-based HR team.
- Coordinate with San Francisco HQ to ensure the Peek Utah team always has what it needs .
- 8+ years of general management experience, preferably within sales, support/customer care, and/or business operations at a fast-growing technology company.
- Prior experience scaling an organization and managing people & teams.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with self-driven mentality.
- Positive attitude, professional appearance and ability to work as a team member, communicate with others and share responsibility to work towards common goals.
- High emotional intelligence and ability to quickly build rapport & trust.
- Comfort with independent decision-making.
- Data-driven mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking.
- Experience working as part of or with a remote or dispersed team.
- Creative mindset focused on getting stuff done.
- Strong networking skills.
- Experience working with local government organizations a plus.
- Degree from top-tier university.
- A passion for travel!