Neighborly connects communities with capital to fund vital public projects like schools, libraries and parks, and next-generation infrastructure like fiber-optic broadband networks and solar microgrids. A fast-growing, venture-backed startup at the intersection of tech, finance, and government, Neighborly develops technology that makes it easier for investors to direct their dollars towards the world positive projects that matter to them.
Our software engineers design and build the service architecture that enables local governments to efficiently raise the money they need for public infrastructure, individual investors to direct their dollars toward public projects that matter to them, and investment institutions to leverage the best technology to maximize impact portfolios for their clients.
- You are hungry, humble and curious
- You have an intrinsic desire to learn new languages and frameworks that expand your stack and help the team build at breakneck speed
- You want a highly collaborative environment comprised of diverse subject matter experts in finance, government and tech
- You care about communities being able to build critical public projects that improve infrastructure and increase resilience
- You want to be part of the early stages of a company where everything you build matters!
What You'll Work On
- Map visualizations for infrastructure project signups and social sharing
- Transformation, analysis and visualization of geospatial datasets
- Computation of optimized infrastructure project areas based on topological and anthropomorphic features
- Machine learning on geospatial data to classify and recognize patterns around infrastructure installations
- Reusable geospatial service infrastructure for services and data pipelines
- Strong experience with transformation, analysis and visualization of geospatial data
- Experience with modern web frameworks like Ember, React, Vue etc.
- Strong experience with acceptance, integration and unit testing
- Passion for delivering state-of-the-art, well-designed data visualizations
- Enjoy working with data scientists and data engineers to augment geospatial data to create business value
- Able to create clean and maintainable code with modern language features
- Passion for open source
Neighborly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain exceptionally high standards for talent and recognize that there are many paths to developing expertise. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you have the skills we need and the ambition to grow fast with us, that's all that matters.