Hubbers are doers, makers, hackers, and believers.
At Hubs, we empower engineers to create revolutionary products. Manufacturing is notoriously challenging for companies big and small. We’re changing that by making reliable manufacturing methods instantly available to engineers all over the world through our online platform.
If you're looking for a tech scale-up there are a few to choose from. But none will have the tangible impact on people's lives that Hubs has been having since 2013. We’ve produced over 7,000,000 parts through our global network of production facilities. Over the past 8 years, we’ve built the world's easiest to use manufacturing solution, connected to a global manufacturing network. We have over 35,000+ businesses using us, from humble startups to big names like NASA, Audi, and HP.
As our German speaking - Business Development Representative, you'll be closing the deals brought in by our marketing team (~90%) and through your outbound activities (~10%).
This will require both empathy and technical knowledge of our services. Your responsibilities will include qualifying new business opportunities and working with customers to close their manufacturing projects with Hubs.
In this role you'll be able to learn everything about 3D Printing, Sheet Metal, CNC Machining and Injection Molding to help (and close!) all incoming requests to the best of your abilities.
This is an opportunity to join a fast paced sales team at one of the most innovative companies changing global manufacturing and honing your sales skills.
Sound like you? Apply now!
What you'll do:
- Seek and identify new sales opportunities for incoming high value deals
- Follow up with existing and potential customers to build relationships to drive conversion
- Collaborate with sales people across the business, working closely with Account Managers on high value deals in the German region
- Researching customers and become subject matter expert in the manufacturing and additive manufacturing field (CNC, 3DP, Sheet Metal Fabrication and Injection Molding)
What it takes:
- 1-2 years of experience in an engineering/manufacturing role, interfacing with customers
- You are confident and you have great sales and communication skills to establish rapport, build relationships and understand your customers needs
- Business acumen to want to research and understand your customers and their needs
- Tech savvy: CRM systems, monitoring data/quotas
- Fluent German and English language skills (verbal and written)
Bonus: engineering or science degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.)
- We offer a competitive salary, plus bonus + Protolabs stock options
- "Work from anywhere" policy 3 months per every single year!
- Opportunity to make an impact from day one in a high-paced culture and accelerate our growth as we scale!
- Annual company-wide team trip planned for October 2021 - let's go!
- Everyone's a student and teacher with our LinkedIn learning platform, Tech hub, hackathons, innovation sprints, and global employee career development plan
- A diverse, international team of 140+ people from (30+ nationalities) growing to 200+ in the next 12-18 months
- Makers space with all you want 3D Printing in house
- Free access to Headspace meditation app
- Stay fit and sign up to ClassPass and join colleagues who run, climb, cross fit
- Incredible office views in the Houthavens
- In - house Italian chef (50% vegetarian) with an open doggo policy for essential workers / for remote / hybrid access to all the delicious recipes or join some of the online cooking classes
- Learn more about us on our Office Instagram and Careers page
Our recruitment process:
- Our recruiter will have a quick chat to talk about the role and to learn more about you
- After that, we'll have the written assignment to cover your sales and written skills including the cognitive and behavioral assessment online (takes 12 minutes total)
- Then we'll schedule a chat with the BDR lead from our sales team
- Finally, you'll have a fun and casual talk with one of our cultural ambassadors
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team that feels that they are valued in the workplace. If you’re looking at our page and you do not identify yourself, don't be discouraged to apply. You can help make our company even better. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical ability, or any which way you represent yourself. We strongly believe diversity makes for more successful teams.
Hubs (formerly 3D Hubs) is an online platform for custom part manufacturing, providing access to a global network of manufacturing services, including CNC machining, 3D printing, injection molding, and sheet metal fabrication. Founded in Amsterdam in 2013, Hubs has since produced 7 million parts and was acquired for $280M by Protolabs in January 2021. Hubs continues to operate as an independent company aimed at further unlocking the massive distributed manufacturing opportunity together with Protolabs.