We are seeking a Glassware Technician I to support the Lab Services group with general laboratory operations specifically glassware services supporting Research & Development departments, particularly Biology, Automated Strain Engineering, Fermentation, High Throughput Screening, Analytics, and the Pilot Plant. This position will be focused on service delivery excellence and will utilize basic functionality of systems and equipment relevant to the job function, such as industrial glasswasher and autoclaves. The successful candidate will need to flourish in a fast paced, small start-up, research environment as a team player. Additional responsibilities may include taking inventory and preparing agarose gels.
- Daily pickup of dirty glassware, spare parts, and plastics from labs
- Processing of glassware which includes washing and sterilizing in centralized glass wash area
- Daily delivery of clean glassware in point of use storage cabinets
- Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches
- Awareness of environmental, health and safety issues in the work environment
- Live and model Amyris Core Values
- High School Diploma or GED
- Relevant experience in a biotech laboratory setting or services preferred
- Must be proficient with a computer and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with maintaining inventory counts, working with handheld scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary
- Working in a laboratory setting including, Food Grade environment with glasswashers and autoclaves
- Working knowledge of good documentation
- Ability to frequently be on their feet and walk around for long periods of time
- Ability to regularly grasp items and use both fine and gross hand manipulations
- Ability to regularly lift 35 lbs and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Experience with startups and/or research experience
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at [email protected]
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.