Global Benefits Manager
BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We currently have an opening for a Global Benefits Manager. Reporting to the VP, Compensation & Benefits, this person will take the lead on designing and implementing BuzzFeed's US and international benefit programs ensuring they are market competitive and cost-effective. This is a hands-on and consultative role, in which you will research, develop and administer employee benefit programs that are competitive while encouraging BuzzFeeders to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
This position is based in our New York City HQ. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
- Design, implement and administer our various employee benefit programs, including, health, life, and disability insurance, retirement programs, among others.
- Lead a detailed review of BuzzFeed’s benefit plans for 10 non-U.S. locations across Europe, Latin America and Asia (covering approximately 200+ employees). In partnership with our benefits broker, leverage pooling opportunities and provider relationships to optimize our international benefit plans cost and performance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and international legal and disclosure requirements such as COBRA, HIPAA, and IRS (Section 125) Flexible Spending Account Programs and prepare and file required legal reports. Maintain benefit plan documentation including plan documents and policies.
- Select and manage ongoing relationships with external consultants and suppliers (for example; benefits consultants, brokers and trustees).
- Work closely with consultants/brokers globally to conduct benchmark analysis to identify trends in industry and competitors to provide competitive and cutting edge benefits on a global basis.
- Design and implement communication programs to enhance value of benefit programs and increase employee understanding.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders such as HRBPs, People Operations, Internal Communications, Legal, Finance, Tax, Payroll and various Committees to ensure efficient plan administration and excellent customer service to employees.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of progressive experience in the HR function with a minimum of 4 years of benefits experience. Both US and non-US benefits experience is required.
- Benefits experience in organizations known for innovative and competitive benefits.
- Advanced knowledge of Health & Welfare, 401(k), STD/LTD/FMLA and global wellness plans.
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be consultative and pragmatic in program development and evaluation.
- Proven track record in directing staff/consultants and negotiating contracts/agreements.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to senior leadership teams.
- Exceptional business insight and strategic orientation.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to handle high levels of ambiguity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing, fun environment.
- High degree of personal integrity.
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.