Global Copywriter (French/English)
HomeAway’s Global Creative Studio is seeking a supremely talented, experienced Copywriter to join the global key accounts team within the global brand marketing group in London. Native proficiency in French (FR) and bilingual or professional proficiency in English required.
This role serves as the lead FR copywriter and will work closely with the global copy and design teams to drive creative, cut-through copy and messaging driving engagement and brand affinity.
We require a bold, irreverent, articulate, and concise copywriter with style to spare—you know how powerful words can be and the best way to use them for your audience. That you insist on flawless copy is a given; you’re also passionate about all forms of writing as well as branding, brainstorming, and collaboration.
You should be comfortable working independently, as well as interacting with a variety of creative and marketing team members and agency partners to develop original concepts and iterate on existing campaigns.
You must have at least four years of experience as a copywriter for tourism, lifestyle, or consumer technology brands within an agency or in-house creative team; mobile and e-commerce knowledge is essential; a love of travel is helpful (and will make the job much more fun)!
- Develop and maintain world-class copy for assigned campaigns, brand(s), and language(s)
- Collaborate with global teams and agencies to concept and create copy for consumer and customer creative including emails, landing pages, display ads, print collateral, and other marketing and on-site communications; edit, localize, and proofread copy as needed
- Help build and maintain the HomeAway voice, tone, and cadence across all marketing content and communications worldwide
- Develop and maintain the consistency of messaging across multiple customer targets and channels
- Work closely with marketing and product teams as needed to secure a clear understanding of the objective and demographics of each communication to ensure copy is clear and targeted to the appropriate audience
- Collaborate with marketing and business teams to understand program objectives, and develop customer-messaging strategies for existing and new product offerings
- Optimize messaging based on testing and best practices
- Support localization efforts for global and regional communications and campaigns
Skills and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Advertising or closely-related field
- Must have confirmed experience creating copy for a range of print and digital communications; you will be required to provide verified work samples and detail your role in creating them
- Skilled in writing clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy; ability to vary tone and language based on channel, target audience, and product
- Motivated, highly organized, flexible, and detail oriented, with excellent project management and communication skills
- Must possess strong presentation skills; comfortable in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, rapidly evolving environment
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams.
Job based in London.
HomeAway, Inc. (an Expedia Brand) based in Austin, Texas, is the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing more than one million paid listings of vacation rental homes in 190 countries. We provide travelers with a great alternative to hotels and shared accommodations by focusing on renting out the “whole home”. We believe time together on vacation should be special and that staying in a home provides the greatest ability to connect with the ones you love. The culture at HomeAway combines heart with science and believes that diverse thinking creates the greatest opportunity for all. HomeAway was recently acquired by Expedia, Inc., one of the largest online travel agencies in the world.
About HomeAway’s Global Creative Studio
The Global Creative Studio (GCS) is an international, multi-disciplinary group of creatives with a deep curiosity about the world and an undeniable passion for travel. As part of the Global Brand and Integrated Marketing team, we’re responsible for imagining, developing, and delivering high-caliber multimedia marketing programs to engage and inform our travelers (B2C) and property owners/managers (B2B). We’re the dreamers and doers behind global and regional marketing campaigns, always-on editorial channels, and technical initiatives that include content automation and scalability. We seek the industry’s best storytellers, visual artists, and technical experts to grow and thrive with us as we tell the HomeAway story around the world.