We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we seek to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers online (www.harrys.com).
Since our launch in March 2013, the tremendous response from our customers has shown us that we’re serving a true need. People deserve quality products and experiences, which is why in January of 2014 we bought our German factory and became one of the only vertically integrated shaving brands. We are eager to share Harry’s with even more people and are looking to bring amazing people together to help us change the world, one 5-o’clock shadow at a time.
Values and Beliefs:
You are the person who walks into the restaurant, looks at the layout and wonders what would be the ideal way to arrange the tables for the best people flow. The companies that treat operations as a core competency and strive for perfection inspire you. You have a passion for operations and continuous improvement. You’re comfortable making iterative changes in a dynamic environment, and able to differentiate between work and results. You want to work with smart people, and hire even smarter people.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for optimizing all logistics for material and products from our raw material suppliers to our Germany-based factory, our third-party suppliers, and our direct-to-consumer business
- Analyze Harry’s global opportunity in the logistics space: inbound, outbound, inter-company. Quantify all of Harry’s logistic spend from the high level to the detailed level per channel.
- Negotiate current and new carrier contracts leveraging industry expertise and combined global spend to drive higher level of service and lower costs.
- Leverage analytical skills, operations strategy, and understanding of cross-functional needs to drive logistics strategy in new markets and channels.
- Create and implement dashboards that communicate internally and measure key performance indicators related to global logistics.
- Constantly think about potential improvement opportunities and scalability for our supply chain and distribution teams.
Background & Experience:
- 3-7 years of experience in a demanding logistics environment
- Analytically focused Bachelor’s Degree (or work experience)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with teams in a demanding environment
- Ability to independently push forward and own projects in a fast-paced and unstructured environment
Characteristics/Traits we are looking for:
- Excellent ability to work with global teams, allowing you to make an impact across functional areas
- Strong work ethic and drive to grow
- Interest in being an integral member of a growing team with lots of opportunity for development and growth within the company
- Ability to work with a team, wear multiple hats, and do whatever it takes
- Strategic and tactical operations and supply chain thought process
- Interest in startups, e-Commerce brands, and men’s grooming
- German language skills are a plus
- Sense of humor