As a Global Mobility Specialist you play a critical role in ensuring that employees going on assignment in Booking.com that they have an exceptional experience when moving around the world. Global Mobility Services (GMS), in which this role is positioned, operates an end-to-end relocation and support program including ensuring proper work permits, personal tax, registrations, housing, schooling for accompanying children, travel, cultural awareness etc. As a Global Mobility specialist you will be the main point of contact for the employee moving and hence a direct influence on whether the Assignee is off to a great, well-performing start.
As a Global Mobility Specialist you combine professional, technical knowledge and deep empathy and relationship skills to solve nearly all issues independently and immediately, whilst knowing when and how to escalate the more serious issues effectively.
The Global Mobility Specialist works closely together with the Global Mobility Advisors and the Relocation specialistsM, internal functional teams (HRBP, HR Ops, Recruiters, Payroll, Travel, Rewards etc.) and external vendors (Immigration, Tax, Pension, Relocation, Housing agents, Real estate/landlords, Schooling, Cultural awareness, Bank, Authorities/In-Amsterdam etc.).
The role will also include involvement in Global Mobility projects (e.g. cost projections, budget/cost overviews, expense management, process development and reviews, IT tool implementation, external provider management etc. to ensure that all Booking employees will have the same great mobility experience regardless whether relocating into The Netherlands or globally.
The Global Mobility Specialist pro-actively takes initiatives to review, develop, implement and follow-up on new ideas and improvements including heading up projects to ensure implementation, meeting milestones and deadlines.
This is an exciting opportunity to help create a unique relocation experience for our international colleagues and develop your career in the area of Global mobility or Human Resources.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Key point of contact to the assignee on cross country border assignment (domestic moves handled by local HR, but can provide general support on individual cases).
- Works independently within the boundaries of the established policies and prioritizes workflows to achieve compliance at all times with the right balance of costs, time and outcome. Actively advises management about alternatives in case of conflicts or issues and liaises with management and Global Mobility Advisors or other functional experts to create solutions that are acceptable from the perspective of costs, time and complexity without setting undesirable precedents.
- Escalates to own manager or other functional experts when deeper, additional expertise outside established policies is required.
- Provide global mobility information and advice to other functional teams, HR, HRBP’s, Recruitment and managers as needed (e.g. provided support, processes, roles and responsibilities).
- Responsible for all aspects of the employee’s global move. Organizing necessary support in collaboration with our vendors: initiate new cases with external vendors (through tool), follow-up, manage exception requests in order to ensure smooth employee experience, send reminder to HRBP in due time before end of assignment to ensure the employee’s next step is managed.
- Ability to ask the right questions and obtain the right information. Priorities choices on that basis in order to avoid compliance issues and support speedy implementation.
- Ability to balance immediate implementation with long-term impact and risk assessment (e.g. immigration and tax).
- Advising on and overseeing immigration, tax support, flights, accommodation, schooling and family support services etc.
- Knows when to connect with other functional teams (e.g. HRBP’s, HR Ops, Payroll, Reward, Travel, Tax, Legal, Finance).
- Provide clarity for potential assignee candidates on provided support, main compliance issues and manage blockers for assignment. Support Global Mobility Advisors when reviewing move type options and assessing solutions (e.g. research relevant country specific information).
- Continuously propose new ideas to improve the assignment process, product and administration to meet Booking’s business needs.
- Ensure deliverables are compliant with legislation and are meeting technical and departmental standards.
- Manage vendor relationships (e.g. immigration, tax, move of goods, Housing agents, Real estate agents/landlords vendors) including negotiate agreements, setting KPI’s, and monitor deliverables.
- Analyze and translate data. Track exceptions. Share and discuss results within team as well as stakeholders and vendors to monitor and develop improvements.
- Anticipate future employee needs, projects and improvements based on available data and feedback.
- Together with other team members (Relocation Specialists, Senior Relocation Specialist, Global Mobility Advisor, Senior GM Advisor) continuously look at operational improvements for the team (e.g. process changes, communication improvements) as well as the Assignee (develop and add new services).
- Develop and keep GM information/training materials updated and available. Provide learning sessions for the business, HRBP, Local and Regional HR, HR Ops, other support functions.
- Participate in and support external vendor events concerning Booking’s current and future Assignee needs to ensure Booking as an attractive workplace.