About The Role
We’re looking for someone to join our team to identify new payment partnership opportunities to expand and grow DiDi’s international presence, influence our payment partnerships strategy in the our international regions, as well as manage existing global strategic partnerships!
You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on the vision and strategy of DiDi’s Global Payment BD team and specifically our payments strategy. The Global Payment Business Development team's mandate covers DiDi’s core Ridesharing business, Food Delivery business, and our strategic business partnerships.
You will be responsible for developing, advancing, and leading key payment partnerships, and crafting and executing a plan that allows DiDi to:
- Drive growth & engagement
- Deliver seamless payments experiences for our customers
- Help build reliable payment platforms and foundations
- Improve the health of our P&L
The ideal candidate will have an excellent ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, as well as a strong record of driving high-value partnerships with large, important institutions across the globe, spanning both public and private sectors. To succeed in this role, you will need a keen sense of responsibility and an ability to inspire!
What You'll Do
- Drive the Payments BD team’s global strategy in concert with Product, Operations, Strategy & Planning, Legal, Finance and Government Affairs team.
- Identify and effectively analyze new opportunities for DiDi, ultimately making recommendations to relevant decision-makers and cross-functional partners
- Evaluate strategic partnerships and initiative opportunities across geographies, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Demonstrate strong quantitative skills by building financial models that uncover the implications of current and new opportunities financial impact to Uber.
- Lead strategic and complex negotiations to completion, engaging cross-functional teams and ensuring alignment across teams on deal terms.
- 5+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles at a technology company or payments company
- Strong product instincts and ability to find opportunities to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills