Aircall is on a mission to revolutionize the business phone industry! 📞
We are an advanced, cloud-based business phone system and call center software — all wrapped up in one single tool (no hardware, 100% integrated).
But behind our product are the people driving it 👫. Ambition, Community, Teamwork and Transparency – these are the values we live by at Aircall. We know that success comes from smart work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded 🏆
If you love a good challenge, enjoy solving meaningful problems, and want to be a part of one of the fastest growing B2B startups — then Aircall is the company you are looking for! 🤩
Aircall is hiring a Privacy Counsel to serve as the data privacy lead for both our
New York and Paris offices. You will help establish and maintain compliance standards and
Aircall’s global privacy program, advising, and providing oversight on a wide range of areas
including product development, internal policies, customer and vendor agreements, marketing,
data subject requests, and privacy notices. This position will report to the General Counsel.
What you will do:
- Establish and maintain Aircall’s privacy and compliance strategy, program, and policies based on applicable laws and regulations relating to personal data
- Develop compliance mechanisms during new product developments and draft relevant customer facing documentation
- Analyzing existing and new products and solutions including traditional market research panels and innovative products involving emerging technologies, and ensuring they comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws and industry best practices.
- Provide training and education to the Aircall team relating to data privacy and protection, including key legal issues, laws, and regulations, and other relevant matters such as privacy questionnaires and data privacy impact assessments
- Develop and deliver privacy awareness and training initiatives
- Responding to regulatory inquiries related to privacy and data protection
- Assess the impact of new and existing privacy regulations or laws on Aircall’s existing operational practices by advice to the relevant business teams
- Drafting privacy statements, and other privacy disclosures for websites, mobile apps, panels, surveys, and employees in connection with Aircall’s products and services.
- Stay current on privacy and other laws, regulations, and developments to be able to give the most effective advice.
What you will need:
- 5 years of strong experience advising clients on data privacy issues within private practice and in-house
- Admitted to practice in at least one European jurisdiction or in NY
- A privacy certification (CIPP, CIPT or CIPM from the IAPP or similar) or willingness to obtain one
- Deep and detailed knowledge of evolving data protection and data privacy requirements, laws, and regulations in the EU, including GDPR and the ability to analyze and interpret these laws and regulations to serve as a subject-matter expert
- Capability of building strong internal relationships with both junior and senior team members, and effectively advising clients under conditions of ambiguity, uncertainty, high-pressure, and/or high-risk
- The ability to work collaboratively with a global team and clearly and succinctly explain legal issues to a non-legal audience
- Self-starter with the ability to take a proactive approach to and ownership of projects and tasks and see them through to completion
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, tasks, and deadlines
- A practical and advanced understanding of the digital landscape and the compliance challenges related to data collection and processing within a tech company
- Sound and balanced legal judgment and business awareness
- Exemplary professional integrity and business ethics
- French speaking or other European languages is a plus
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in term of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 30+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
🌞 Sunny offices in the center of Paris with incredible perks and regular team parties
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits (health coverage, lunch, commute, sports)
Aircall is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Members of communities historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.