Lime is looking for a senior leader to lead our supply chain team in production planning, interfacing with manufacturing partners and strategic planning in direct sourcing of supply chain components and parts.
This person will be a key leader at Lime, supporting the development, implementation, and management of strategies to provide Lime with optimal pricing, supply assurance, flexibility, quality, and delivery performance. You'll build and leverage strong working relationships with planning teams, hardware engineering teams and key suppliers to ensure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
The position requires an interest in market dynamics, negotiation and pricing, manufacturing processes, and risk mitigation. You'll be a self-starter, fluent in English and Mandarin, and eager to build a supply chain that currently has evolving formal processes into a high-functioning, process-oriented end-to-end system.
About the role:
- Ability to take requirements from engineering and translate into supplier requirements.
- Develop a nuanced understanding of the commodity landscape in order to forecast industry trends and gauge emerging competitive forces.
- Identify changes in buyer and supplier power within core materials markets and use industry dynamics to Lime’s advantage.
- Effectively work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing.
- Understand the trade-offs between cost, volume, and quality in order to strike agreements that meet Lime’s performance criteria and secure long term supply continuity.
- Collaborate across the Lime organization to ensure business objectives are met, including the ability to rapidly synthesize and communicate findings to senior leaders and to actively identify potential supply issues that can affect product strategy.
- Optimize global supply chain performance through cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of value-added manufacturing processes and costs, reverse logistics, and market intelligence, and apply this knowledge to influence Lime’s future product roadmap and sourcing decisions.
- Assess and mitigate risks to the business.
- Manage global supply chain disruptions in real time with the support of an international team.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sudden setbacks
- A knack for negotiations
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic, evolving environment
- Ability to make quick decisions with 80% informationThirst for knowledge and the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to quickly distill the impact of unexpected changes and communicate same to C-suite leadership
- Interest in technology and/or operations (experience preferred but not required)
- Willingness to travel internationally and work with a global team across multiple time zones
- Lead and develop Global Supply Managers and Global Supply Analysts
- Execute high quality, fast decision making under limited formal processes
- Masters degree or MBA is a plus
- 5+ years experience in a leadership role
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.